How to play guide for Realm Royale
This page will serve as a basic How to play guide for Realm Royale. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
How to install[edit | edit source]
The game is currently playable on PC, XBOX One and PS4. To download it on PC, you can download it through Steam or through the Discord Store. On console, it is available to download through their respective stores through codes that are given above; Microsoft Store and PlayStation Store. It is free-to-play on all platforms.
Basic gameplay[edit | edit source]
Before the match properly begins, there is a short pre-load phase while all players spawn into the instance. During this time, players will be put into the Zeppelin where you can not kill each other. Players can switch classes during this time. After everyone has loaded in, the players will be dropped somewhere in the massive battlefield. Markers will appear for where you are and your team members are. Players can then choose to either seek out other teams or scavenge for weapons and items. Other markers you will come across on the minimap are forge markers, (learn about those next paragraph) catapult markers (where you hurl yourself to various places in the Realm), and Legendary loot chests, where you will find epic/legendary gear inside.
Players are able to upgrade their equipment through crafting by using forges, which are located at each marked location on the map.
When a player loses all their hitpoints, they are turned into chickens. Downed players will automatically revive from chicken status after 20 seconds (depending on their load out) If a player is defeated again while as a chicken they will die. Turning into a chicken for a fourth time will also cause the player to die. Defeated players will leave behind all their items.
As time goes by, a deadly fog will roll in from the edges of the map in waves, which will gradually consume the map and force the teams to converge towards the middle. There is a counter under the minimap that displays how long it'll be before the next wave of fog rolls in. There is also a counter that displays the current number of active players. The last player or team standing will win the match.
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
This is a list of some helpful Tips and tricks for the game. Feel free to add your own!
- The Concussion Grenade can be thrown on an enemy to knock them out of a hiding place.
- The Ice Block can be used to prevent you from taking damage and still allow your abilities to cooldown, so you can use Ice Block to buy time for your movement ability to refresh.
- Jumping next to a wall causes your character to jump approximately twice as high. This is a form of vaulting to get over walls or other tall objects, but can also be used as a boost before using your movement ability or to peak over certain objects to get a good shot off or information on your enemy.
- Damage numbers can be seen through walls. You can figure out if an enemy is hiding somewhere by using an AoE ability to damage them.
- Catapults drain all your armor when entered. This may be a glitch, but until then, if you have a full set of armor, don’t go to a catapult.
- You can drop Weapons, Abilities, or Potions by pressing 'I' (Default) and clicking the red 'X' near the respective ability. You can use this to give items to your teammates or gain a few shards to craft an ability or weapon that would replace the one you dropped.
- Legendary Loot Chests are visible on the minimap for approximately 60 seconds after they're dropped. If you aren't keeping track of the time, the way the icon disappears will tell you whether the timer expired or if a player looted the chest. If the icon gets more transparent until it's gone, that means the timer is up, but if it instantly disappears, a player has looted it. You can use this to gain valuable information on enemy locations.
- Ghost Walk does not make you invisible. If you want to be invisible, pick hidden. Ghost walk makes you transparent (not invisible) and bullets fly through you.
- Landing : the best places to land are areas off to the first circle with a forge. High traffic areas are places like Crossing, Lumberfall, and Jade Gardens. Low traffic area are places like Outpost, Goblin Gulch, and any unnamed area in the badlands (best!) Good luck!
Video guides[edit | edit source]
|How to play Controls Release date System requirements Custom Quests|